Plot No.60, Independence Avenue, Opposite Springfield Primary School/Medcross Hospital, Lusaka.
+260 211 233 601
+260 955 233 601
+260 977 283 602
Vision Care Opticians runs a fully-fledged Appasamy Eye Hospital on Independence Avenue, Lusaka. The hospital offers all types of eye surgeries such as cataract surgery (phaco + Intraocularlens), complete vitreo retinal surgery, pterygium excision, trabeculectomy for glaucoma, corneal transplantation, YAG Laser etc; investigations such as A-Scan/B-Scan ultrasound, visual field analysis, refraction examination, and applanation tonometry to check intraocular pressure etc.
Vision Care provides emergency eye care clinic facilitated within the Appasamy Eye Hospital.
- Eye surgery: cataract, glaucoma, squint, corneal, vitreous and retina;
- Laser treatments offered: YAG Laser and Green Diode Laser;
- Comprehensive eye examinations.
The clinic manages to conduct approximately 70-80 patient examinations per day in its out-patient department and 10-15 surgeries per day in its in-patient department. From experience, the number of patients requiring medical attention is approx. 20%, those requiring cataract surgery is about 40%, while those requiring corrective eyeglasses are about 60%.
Vision Care Appasamy Eye Hospital Services
- Eye surgeries including dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR), corneal tear and lid tear repair
- Pterygium excision, trabeculectomy for glaucoma, and corneal transplantation
- Cataract surgery, Vitreo retinal surgery
- Testing for glaucoma
- Visual field analysis
- Lasers treatments – YAG Laser and Green Diode Laser
- Testing for color blindness
- Comprehensive computerised eye examinations
- Complete eye examination i.e. Gonioscopy
- Investigation using A-Scan/B-Scan ultrasound
- Keratometry and Bi-microscopic
- Examinations for contact lens fittings
- Gas permeable contact lens trial fittings for Keratoconus patients
Kindly contact us for more information to assist you.